Washington continues its dirty war on Syria

Tulsi Gabbard, a former US Democratic Congress member, has affirmed that the United States continues its dirty war on Syria and occupation of parts of Syrian territories and maintains its crippling sanctions that are causing suffering to millions of Syrians and preventing reconstruction in the country. She has also condemned the recent American aggression on areas in Deir Ezzor near the Syrian-Iraqi borders.

In a video message addressing her colleagues in the congress Gabbard said that Washington carries on its war on Syria using proxies like Al-Qaeda, ISIS and Jabhat Al-Nusra, known as Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham, terrorist organizations as a force on the ground that attack Syrian areas, occupy Syrian lands and commit crimes against the Syrians.

"I’m glad that some of my former colleagues in Congress are speaking out against the recent unconstitutional airstrikes in Syria - but they’re ignoring the bigger issue: the regime change war the US continues to wage in Syria using al-Qaeda/al-Nusra/HTS terrorists as our proxy ground force, who now occupy and control the city of Idlib, imposing Sharia Law and “cleansing” the area of most Christians and religious minorities, Gabbard said in a video posted on her facebook account.

The Biden Administration continues to use the US military to illegally occupy NE Syria to "take the oil" as Trump so crassly but honestly put it, violating international law.

Zakharova: West has launched large-scale campaign to support Russia's non-systemic opposition

The Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has stressed that the west has provided side-scale support for the Russian non-systematic opposition and ignored its internal political crises.

On Thursday, the US and the EU imposed sanctions on several Russian government officials and entities over the jailing and alleged poisoning of vlogger Alexei Navalny. The US imposition of sanctions came after the EU's blacklisting of several entities and officials was announced.

In an interview with the Govorit Moskva radio station on Thursday, Zakharova said that “unfortunately, many EU nations fake adherence to principles regarding so many issues: relations with Russia, inability, and impossibility to protect principles under the pressure of the United States, the human rights problematics. They use a whole arsenal of arguments to support our non-systemic opposition both in terms of politics and information.”

US Secretary of State: Washington will not overthrow regimes by force anymore

The US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinken, considered that the previous interventions by the United States to change the regimes in several countries around the world had tarnished the reputation of American democracy.

Blinken stressed that Washington will not use force to overthrow the regimes any longer. He noted that " the Biden administration will seek to change the paths previously used to change regimes in other countries.  We will not promote democracy through costly military interventions or by attempting to overthrow authoritarian regimes by force.  We have tried these tactics in the past.  However well intentioned, they haven’t worked.  They’ve given democracy promotion a bad name, and they’ve lost the confidence of the American people.  We will do things differently. Shoring up our democracy is a foreign policy imperative.”

More details are available in the following link

Inas Abdulkareem

SACP condemns the US’ Joe Biden administration for attacking Syria

The South African Communist Party (SACP)strongly condemns the Joe Biden administration of the United States for attacking Syria on Thursday, 25 February 2021. The attack resulted in numerous casualties. The situation in Syria, and other international situations, must be resolved by peaceful and democratic means, and within the bounds of multilateralism. The SACP denounces the United States’ continued imperialist aggression and unilateralism.

Russian newspaper: Terrorism threat in Syria renewed due to US support for terrorist organizations

A Russian newspaper, that specializes in defense affairs, has warned of the renewal and exacerbation of terrorism threat in Syria due to the support being provided by the United States to terrorist organizations in the country.

In an article by journalist "Aleksander Stawer", the newspaper said that terrorism in the Middle East hasn't been completely eliminated, pointing out that this danger is being revived  and refueled with the help of the Americans.

The article added that the successive victories achieved by the Syrian Arab Army on terrorists in 2019 and the recapturing of the Syrian city of Raqqa from ISIS (Daesh) have weakened this terrorist organization, but later events constituted a gift for the terrorists, particularly in the light of the presence of a US base in Al-Tanf area. The newspaper pointed out that this base has been a workplace for American and British intelligence bodies and the US special forces who are training the terrorists inside this base on gang war, snipping and vandalism.

'Top Secret' Saudi documents show Khashoggi assassins used company seized by Saudi crown prince

Recently filed court documents seen by the CNN have revealed new secrets that prove the Saudi regime’s involvement in killing and dismembering Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Turkish Capital Ankara in October 2018.

According to these documents, two private jets used by a Saudi Arabian assassination squad that killed Khashoggi were owned by a company that less than a year prior had been seized by the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman.

The documents, filed as part of a Canadian civil lawsuit earlier this year, are labeled "Top Secret" and signed by a Saudi minister who relayed the orders of the crown prince.

"According to the instruction of His Highness the Crown Prince," the minister wrote according to a translation, "immediately approve the completion of the necessary procedures for this."

British arms sales prolonging Saudi war in Yemen, says Oxfam

Oxfam has accused the British government of prolonging the war in Yemen by allowing the export of air-to-air refuelling equipment that it fears could be used to help the Saudi air force conduct indiscriminate bombing in the country.

The technology was licensed to Riyadh last summer when arms restrictions were lifted, alongside £1.4bn of other sales, and can be used to help war planes fly longer missions at a time when the conflict intensifying.