Breaking News

The Guardian: Erdogan supports mercenaries and sends thousands of them to Libya to dominate the eastern Mediterranean

UK's "The Guardian" newspaper has warned that the Turkish regime of Recep Tayyib Erdogan has been supporting mercenaries and sending them from Syria to Libya as part of Ankara's plan for supremacy in the eastern Mediterranean.

In an article written by Bethan McKernan, the Guardian said that between 8.000-10.000 mercenaries are now in Libya to implement "Mavi Vatan, or Blue Homeland", Turkey’s ambitious plan for geopolitical supremacy in the eastern Mediterranean and for excavations for gas off Cyprus's southern coastline in a blatant violation of the Cypriot sovereignty.

In this context the newspaper indicated that Mustafa Karahan, the director of consultancy Dragon Energy, said “the push for control over any oil and gas in the Mediterranean basin is not really an economic project at all: gas supply is not a pressing need or financial imperative for Turkey yet. This is really about the projection of political power.”

Liverpool's clash against Atletico Madrid 'led to 41 additional deaths' due to coronavirus as government failed to ban fans

An analysis of NHS data has discovered that Liverpool's Champions League last-16 second leg against Atletico Madrid at Anfield 'led to 41 additional deaths' due to coronavirus.

Jurgen Klopp's side hosted their Spanish rivals at Anfield on March 11 in front of 52,000 fans. There were 3,000 Atletico Madrid fans in attendance.

The match was the last major game played in England before lockdown restrictions were enacted and the league was temporarily suspended due to the scale of the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump ordered US Forces to Burn Hectares of Wheat Field in Syria amid CoVID-19 Pandemic: International Business Times

The US forces used Apache helicopters to drop thermal balloons in Hasaka province on May 17.

UN officials raised alarm that the pandemic was now driving food insecurity to record levels in Syria.

It is estimated 9.3 million people in Syria are now food insecure.

Days after Syria stated that the American occupation forces in the country burned large areas of wheat crop fields, a report now has emerged that the destroying of the food crop was carried out by the US forces on the orders sanctioned by President Donald Trump.

The report titled "Confirmed Trump Ordered Syria's Wheat Crop Burning During Pandemic" said that the US forces were carrying out the orders that were sanctioned by The White House. President Donald Trump had signed the orders for the burning of agriculture lands in Syria.

On May 17, the local Syrian news report said that US forces burned down 20 hectares of the wheat crop in Syria.

The report published in SANA reported that a plane belonging to the American occupation forces dropped thermal balloons over the agricultural lands in the countryside of Shaddadi, south of Hasaka. The thermal balloons burned a large area of agricultural land that contain wheat crops in Hasaka province.

Global Research: US sanctions have denied the Syrian people medication

Ottawa,(ST)-The Canadian Global Research website confirmed that unilateral coercive economic measures deprive the Syrian people of medicine and medical equipment that could enhance their ability to confront the Corona epidemic that is sweeping the world.

The website, in the context of an article written by Andrew Korybko, an analyst specializing in American strategy in the Asian-African region, said that the failure of the United States to achieve its goals in Syria through the terrorist war prompted it to use other types of wars, especially by targeting the health sector in an attempt to achieve its plans

Revelations on UK Media Misinformation Campaign Against Syria- Since War Began

British Canard news website had earlier in 2016 revealed the role of the UK government and mainstream media in ‘polishing’ the image of terrorists in Syria, presenting them to public opinion as a "moderate opposition". This is only a drop of the flood of colonial Western methods, led by the United States and Britain in their running of the terrorist war on Syria, creating publicity material of media misinformation against it.

New documents were revealed by British writer Mark Curtis, published on Middle East Eye website, confirming that the UK began covert operations against Syria in early 2012, that is, since the beginning of the terrorist war on it. UK was closely involved in smuggling arms shipments to terrorists, training and organizing them under the name "Moderate Opposition” in a years-long operation, in cooperation with US and Saudi regime.

'The end of an era': oil price collapse may force Saudis to rein in arms spending

The world’s fifth largest weapons buyer is eating up its reserves - and its political clout.

Saudi Arabia may be forced to forego new weapons contracts and delay already-agreed weapons purchases as a financial crisis grips the kingdom, experts predict.

The expected delay of new weapons deals could have long-term political repercussions for the country under the rule of Mohammed bin Salman, the crown prince and de facto ruler who has waged a bloody war with neighbouring Yemen.

Saudi Arabia is facing an unprecedented budget crunch because of the collapse of the oil markets and the global economic turmoil caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, which has reduced oil demand for the foreseeable future.

“I have no doubt, this is the end of an era. The era of the Gulf having all this money is over,” said Bruce Riedel, a senior fellow at Brookings in Washington and 30-year veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency, who has served as an adviser on Middle East issues to several US administrations.

Find more details on this issue in this link:

China tells U.S. to stop 'unreasonable suppression' of Huawei

Beijing has urged the United States to stop the "unreasonable suppression of Huawei and Chinese enterprises" after Washington announced new export controls to restrict the tech giant's access to semiconductor technology.

The latest restrictions on the world's second-largest smartphone manufacturer, which is at the centre of US spying allegations, are a new escalation in the US-China battle for global technological dominance.

"The Chinese government will firmly uphold Chinese firms' legitimate and legal rights and interests," the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Saturday.